FIVE REASONS WHY SMART TRAVELERS BOOK DIRECT
Browsing travel websites is a great way to get an overview of the types of places to rent in various vacation spots. You can see a whole bunch of places at once and sort by price, distance, availability, amenities and other factors. But smart travelers know that the next step isn’t to click on “Book Now” on those sites but instead to book direct from the property owner or agency that manages the rental. Here’s why:
- Websites such as Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway and TripAdvisor add significant traveler fees when you book through them. So do many online travel agencies. You can save substantially by contacting the owner or manager to book direct.
- Direct contact with the owner or manager makes it easy to communicate special needs without your requests getting “lost in translation.” This provides you with a faster, smoother experience.
- Many of the best vacation rentals aren’t even listed on major sites because these listings are expensive for property owners. Along the North Carolina coast, for example, only 30% of all rental properties are listed on the major sites. You could be missing out.
- Owners and managers offer helpful insider’s knowledge that can enhance your experience and save you valuable vacation dollars. Many have special offers, flash sales, and off-season discounts that they don’t list on the major sites.
- If you’re looking for a local’s perspective, property owners and managers can give you the most updated information on their rentals and community. They can tell you about new amenities, lesser-known area events, the best restaurants, and hidden gems around town.
In short, if a particular property management or vacation rental firm has a property – or a few properties – that look good to you, go to that company’s website (such as VantageMB.com!) to book direct. Chances are you’ll find more options, avoid hidden fees on travel websites, and have a smooth experience as you gear up for a great vacation.
Book smarter. #bookdirect. You’ll save on your vacation and have a much better experience.